Privacy & Cookies
Privacy & Cookies
Last revised on: December 15, 2016
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our websites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries. However, if you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you via email, postal mail, text message or other forms of messaging as well as opt-out of the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at: email@example.com
WHAT WE COLLECT
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our website, shop in our stores, call us on the phone, create an online account, sign up to receive our emails, participate in a promotion or survey, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us.
types of information we may collect include:
- email address
- zip code, billing address, shipping address, phone number
- payment card information
- product preferences, demographic information and any other information you choose to provide
types of information we do not collect include:
Broome St. General & Co. will never knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If you are under 13 years old please do not provide your information on our website. If we become aware that an individual is under the age of 13 and has submitted any information for any purpose without prior verifiable parental consent, we will delete his or her information from our files.
information we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our websites or transact business with us, including:
- log information: We collect information about your use of our website, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our website.
- transaction information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
information we collect from our partners and other sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we collect information from the U.S. Postal Service's national change of address database to verify and update mailing addresses.
information our partners collect automatically
We may also use platforms provided by companies such as Facebook and Google to offer you interest-based ads. These platforms allow us to personalize the ads that we display to you. We do not share any of your personal information, including your shopping history, with these platform vendors. Broome St. General Store & Co. may convert your email address into a unique value which can be matched by our partner company with a user on their platform to allow us to serve you interest-based advertising. Although we do not provide any personal information to these platform vendors, they may gain insights about individuals who respond to the ads we serve. You may opt-out of third-party platform ads from Broome St. General Store & Co. by logging into your online account and changing your settings under the "Catalog Preferences" page or by contacting us.
what we do with the information we collect
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experience;
- Provide the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service; - Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Process and deliver promotions;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
how we share your information
To best serve you, we may share your personal information with other members of the Broome St General Store & Co. family of companies and with service providers that provide support services to us or that help us market our products and services, administer our programs, operations, fulfill your requests, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and product reviews, or provide you with membership information. Service providers, third parties who perform services on our behalf, are contractually restricted from using your information in any manner other than in helping us to provide you with the products and services available from Broome St General Store & Co.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
We may disclose and transfer rights to your personal information as an asset in connection with a merger or acquisition or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of any form of change in control, including a corporate reorganization or stock sale. You will be notified of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
We may also, in certain instances, disclose your personal information when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify you, contact you, to advise you of a product recall, detect and protect you or us from fraud or theft, manage information security or bring legal action to protect your rights or the rights of Broome St General Store & Co. or others. We may also disclose your personal information when you ask us to do so or when we believe it is required or permitted by law.
where we store the information collected
Our e-commerce shop is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. Your credit card information is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction and used only for processing the underlying transaction. We will share this information only with those directly involved in the processing of the underlying transaction and who maintain appropriate security measures designed to safeguard such information.. After the purchase transaction is complete, your information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in the user's web browser while the user is browsing. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our website.
For more information about disabling flash cookies, see http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not:
- _session_id, unique token, sessional. Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held. Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit and used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits.
- _shopify_uniq, no data held. Expires at midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day and counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token. Persistent for 2 weeks and stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional.
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite. If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our website.
your california privacy rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. Broome St. General Store & Co. permits California residents to opt out of having their information shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. To opt out, please log into your online account and change your settings under the "Catalog Preferences" page or contact us.