Assistant Retail Manager, Los Angeles
The Retail Assistant Manager is responsible for directing daily operations of the retail store(s) by implementing workflow procedures based on direction from the GM to deliver a world-class shopping experience for our customers.
- Delegating workflow tasks effectively to drive exceptional results through a cloud-based project management app
- Acting as the lead in the receiving process by receiving inventory across POS systems, inspecting deliveries & follow-up with vendors
- Train staff on the end-to-end customer experience through consistent development of product knowledge and customer service standards
- Transferring inventory between locations & updating stock levels for transfers, returns, damages and audits
- Supporting manager & staff on the sales floor while handling administrative duties.
- This role includes the responsibilities of a Sales Associate, with escalated customer support, resolving customer concerns and communication to management as needed
- Ensuring consistent execution of Broome St. General visual merchandising & presentation standards
- Act as the leader on duty in the store, focused on delivering results while enabling a world-class customer and employee experience
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE IS SOMEONE WHO:
- Displays the highest degree of integrity, ethical conduct and professionalism
- Is an organized self-starter and problem solver who is driven by common sense & good judgement
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and mediation skills
- Displays a strong work ethic, positive attitude and takes pride in their work.
- Thinks strategically with the ability to multi-task and prioritize business initiatives
- Has a strong attention to detail balanced with “big picture thinking”
- Receives and delivers feedback constructively
- Has excellent organization and communication skills
- Meets strict deadlines while managing multiple projects in an efficient and autonomous manner
- Is excited to learn and be apart of a creative team and work with diverse levels of personnel in a fast paced, multi-functional environment
- Understands and upholds our brand integrity and identity in and out of the workplace
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- 1 Year Retail Management experience preferred with a minimum 3 years retail experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment,
- Ability to work well on a team and independently
- Must be able to work a variable schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs. up to 4 feet above the ground
- Has a reliable vehicle that can be used for transport of inventory
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college or Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Experience with Square, Shopify, Asana a plus
Employee Discount & Samples, Health Care (if qualified), Annual Merit-Based Bonus
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Assistant Retail Manager Application" in the subject line.
This is an assistant level position and compensation is determined based on market benchmarks for this specific role.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This job operates in a retail business environment where masks are required on premises. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items that weigh up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK & RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a full-time, non exempt position. Days and hours of work vary by weekly schedule. Nights, Evenings, Weekend and Holiday will be required as business needs demand. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.