Assistant Store Manager, Silver Lake
The Assistant Store Manager, Silver Lake is responsible for coordinating cafe & retail store operations, and ensures store schedules and objectives are met by managing the overall workflow of the cafe, retail sales floor & back office. Ultimately, the duties of the Assistant Manager are to make sure our stores operate efficiently, and that we keep our team & customers happy!
Only fully-vaccinated candidates who reside in Los Angeles Metro will be considered.
- Act as the leader on duty in the store, focused on delivering results while enabling a world-class customer and employee experience
- Manage the staff schedule, process shift change requests and track absences
- Assist in the hiring process, implement consistent workplace procedures, communicate expectations, enforce company standards & policies, including COVID-safety, among all employees
- Ordering & Maintaining levels for store/cafe supplies including: disposables, milk, syrups, scones, pastry, coffee, office supplies
- Work in tandem with the Retail Assistant Manager to execute workflow processes for receiving shipments, maintaining sales floor & back stock organization
- Maintain a culture of engagement by routinely listening to feedback from leaders, associates, and customers and implementing solutions to solve problems
- Maintain a safe, clean, and secure environment to ensure the security of all employees, customers, and products in your store
- This role includes the responsibilities of Sales Associate/or ideally Lead Barista, with escalated customer support, resolving customer concerns and communication to management as needed
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE IS SOMEONE WHO:
- Displays the highest degree of integrity, ethical conduct and professionalism
- Is an organized self-starter and problem solver who is driven by common sense & good judgement
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and mediation skills
- Displays a strong work ethic, positive attitude and takes pride in their work.
- Thinks strategically with the ability to multi-task and prioritize business initiatives
- Has a strong attention to detail balanced with “big picture thinking”
- Receives and delivers feedback constructively
- Has excellent organization and communication skills
- Meets strict deadlines while managing multiple projects in an efficient and autonomous manner
- Is excited to learn and be apart of a creative team and work with diverse levels of personnel in a fast paced, multi-functional environment
- Understands and upholds our brand integrity and identity in and out of the workplace
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- 1 Year Retail Management experience preferred with a minimum 3 years retail experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment,
- Ability to work well on a team and independently
- Must be able to work a variable schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs. up to 4 feet above the ground
- Has a reliable vehicle that can be used for transport of inventory
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college or Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Experience with Square, Shopify, Asana a plus
Employee Discount & Samples, Health Care (if qualified), Annual Merit-Based Bonus
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Assistant Store Manager, Silver Lake Application" in the subject line.
This is an assistant level position and compensation is determined based on market benchmarks for this specific role.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This job operates in a retail business environment where masks are required on premises. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items that weigh up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK & RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a full-time, non exempt position. Days and hours of work vary by weekly schedule. Nights, Evenings, Weekend and Holiday will be required as business needs demand. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.