BROOMESTGENERAL.COM Return Policy
Broome St. General Store Return Policy for Online Sales Only
All items must be sent back to us within 14 days of receiving the item.
All items must be returned new, unused and unworn with all Broome St. General tags and include all of the original packaging that you received it in with Designer/Manufacturer labels, stickers, garment & security tags still attached.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase. Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
Please use care in handling your items if you're still deciding if you would like to keep them.
- If you have not received a refund 10 business days after approval: first check your bank account again; then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted; next contact your bank because there is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
- If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
- Please make sure to send the item(s) back to us in the boxes and packaging that received it in. Returns that do not meet our Return Policy will not be accepted and will be sent back to you at your expense.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO BEGIN THE RETURN PROCESS
- Log-in to your account to initiate the return process.
- You can print and download your return label from your account. Carefully pack your item(s) in the original packaging (including protective wrap and outer box) and include your completed return form.
- You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund. If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
- Return Shipping Rates:
- $6.95 for a small package
- $11.95 for a large package
- Orders with Freight Items: please contact Customer Service, email@example.com
Clothing & Textiles
- Please take care handling and trying on items as all products must be returned in a new and unused condition with all Broome St. General and designer tags still attached.
- Lingerie & Swimwear Briefs, swimsuits and bikini bottoms should be tried on over underwear, without removing the protective adhesive strip. Please send the article of clothing back to us in the protective, resealable plastic bag it was sent in.
Bags, Shoes & Accessories
- Please use care in handling items if you are still deciding whether you will be keeping it. Please note that dark items of clothing can transfer dye to light-colored items.
- When trying on shoes, please be mindful not to scratch the soles or mark the shoe box.
- Returns must also include any dust bags, box and garment bag, as these are considered part of the product.
- Please place the shoe box inside another box in order to prevent damage during shipping.
- All jewelry is eligible for store credit or exchange only.
- Please do not remove any Broome St. General tags from Jewelry if you are still deciding whether you will be keeping it.
- Jewelry returned without these tags and all packaging included will not be eligible for exchange.
Beauty, Skincare, Cosmetics and Haircare
These items must be returned:
- Unused, unopened, and in their original packaging with all original seals in tact.
- Items returned that do not meet these conditions will not be accepted for a refund.
- Please do not remove the plastic film on your book if you would like to return it.
- Please wrap it in the protective paper it was shipped in.
Housewares, Glassware & Fragile Items
- Items must be new and unused with original tags & stickers on the items in their original boxes.
- Please re-use the shipping materials items were sent in for it to be eligible for return.
- Items you have found to be delivered defective after use can be returned to us within 90 days of purchase.
- Items that are damaged as a result of normal wear and tear are not considered to be faulty or defective.
- If your item is faulty when you receive it, you can return it for a refund, please email our Returns Department firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you further.
Please note that the following items are FINAL SALE and we cannot accept returns or offer merchandise credit on them:
- Gift Cards
- Food and Pantry items
- Beauty & Apothecary: Fragrance, nail polish and aerosols
- Magazines & Collector's Edition Books
- Custom Orders:monogrammed, personalized and/or custom embroidered items, custom upholstery & jewelry
- Worn/Used Merchandise: includes items damaged through normal wear and tear, are washed and items that do not have original Broome St. General and Designer/Manufacturer tags and labels attached as shipped
- Sale & Season Ends: including items marked on promotion as final sale as well as any archived or discontinued merchandise identified by a price ending in .98.
FAQs // Returns
Can I exchange my online purchase?
At this time we do not accept exchanges, please send the item back to us as a return and repurchase the correct or different item.
Do you offer price adjustments?
Do you accept late returns?
Your purchase should be sent back to us within the 14 days of receiving your order. We cannot accept any returns that do not meet our Return Policy at this time. What if my item was purchased as a gift but I would like something different? If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you. If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.
Last revised on: October 1, 2018